Saturday, December 27, 2014

20 Questions

  Hey!
Today, I was inspired to make a blog post. Of course, I had 0 inspiration, so I decided to answer a few horsey questions. Here we go!

  • 1) What discipline do you ride right now?
  • I ride hunter/jumper. More specifically show jumping.
  • 2) If you had to switch your discipline, which one would you choose?
  • There's so many disciplines I'd love to try. I'd have to go with eventing. I love dressage and feel like cross country would be very fun. That or barrel racing, because I'm an adrenaline junkie.
  • 3) Who is your equestrian idol?
  • My equestrian idol (s) would be Erich Lamaze,  because he defied a lot of odds to get where he is, and I truly look up to him and am inspired by that. Also, McLain Ward. Because have you seen him ride? #flawless 
  • 4) Who is your least favorite equestrian?
  • I don't have a specific least favorite equestrian. Horse abusers would be my least favorite people in the horse world.
  • 5) Describe your dream horse... breed, color, markings, name.... (if you have yours, post a pic)
  • I have my dream horse. She's a welsh/tb cross. She's cherry bay with one sock (that has spots in it) and a broken stripe down her face. She's the horse version of me, personality wise.
  • 6) Explain or post a picture of the horse you ride
  • Her name is Littles. She's a 13 year old welsh/tb. Her show name is Cllynncopa Dallas. She's 14.1 1/2. Will jump absolutely anything you put in front of her. She has some training issues, and isn't the easiest horse to ride. When she goes nicely, she's an insanely nice pony. I love her to pieces and wouldn't trade her for the world. 
  • 7) What would you do if you were forced to stop riding?
  • Give up on life.
  • 8) What was your best score at a show?
  • My best 'score' was when I came champion at one of my trillium shows last year. It was on the amazing Peppered N Bright (Appy) 
  • 9) Who's your favorite horse blog?
  • I really love the blog 'show ring ready'. It's amazing and so so helpful.
  • 10) Group lessons or private? Why?
  • It really depends on what you want to accomplish. Both can be really beneficial. I usually have semi private lessons with my friend Shane. 
  • 11) How high do you jump?
  • It really depends. Anywhere from crossrails to 3'9. Most regularly around 2'6, as we are trying to work on technical turns and broken lines and rollbacks, etc...
  • 12) What level dressage do you do?
  • Right now I'd probably say about training level?? By the end of winter I want to have her schooling 1st level.
  • 13) What level eventing do you do?
  • We don't event, though it sounds super fun.
  • 14) Cross country colors? What are they?
  • We don't do cross country, but our jumper color is pretty much basic colors with some added bling 😉. 
  • 15) What colors look good on your horse?
  • Pretty much every color looks good on her. 
  • 16) Your opinions on Rolkur
  • A great way to permanently mess up a good horse.
  • 17) Last time you rode... was it great?
  • Amazing!!!!
  • 18) If you can spend a day with any Equestrian.... who would you spend it with... What would you do?
  • George Morris. We would train all day. ☺
  • 19) Helmet or no helmet... your opinions?
  • Helmet always. It's better safe than sorry, no matter how broke your horse is. I pretty much only ride green horses, so safety is always priority.
  • 20) Who was/ is your first horse? Pictures or description
  • Littles is technically the first horse I truly leased (will own). But I was 'given' this amazing old guy named Gulliver when I was 8. Miss him so much.

Thank you all so much for reading. Don't forget to hug your horses.
Annie 

No comments:

Post a Comment