Thursday, March 19, 2015

Annie's Show Survival Guide- Day 2

  Hello all!
  Today is the second installment of 'Annie's Horse Show Survival Guide', and today I will share my average horse show day routine.
   2:00am - "Is my tack clean enough? I wonder is Littles has rolled yet? Maybe I should get up already and check?"

   3:00am - "I hope I don't forget the course. That would be terrible. I wish Littles was a robot and I could program her to remember. Robo pony entering the ring. Oh it's 3am. Maybe I should go eat?"

  4:00am - "Thank God for toaster waffles. Why am I so tired? I wonder what Littles is doing right now. Horse show in 5 hours, I'm so ready. You've got this Annie you've got this."

  5:00am -"I've cleaned my tack 7 times. Are my boots shiny enough? Where is the baby powder? Littles is not stepping into that ring if her socks aren't white enough to blind the competition."

  6:00am -"Ok how many pairs of sweatpants will fit over my breeches? Damn, I look good. And now, Annie Maulucci entering the ring on Cllynncopa Dallas looking fabulous! How many hairnets should I bring? The limit does not exist!"

  7:00am -"She slept in her pee. Why do bad things happen to good people? This is it, life is over. Luckily, she has enough showsheen on her body that any dirt just slides right off! You know you're doing it right when theres a 1/2 inch thick layer of showsheen on your pony."

  8:00am -"Okay, on the way to the show. I've totally got this, I've totally got this. The closer we get the faster my heart pounds. Here we are, Littles are you nervous too? That chick just totally checked out my pony. "

  9:00am - "Is my hair okay? Okay, let me tell you the course one more time. Start with the blue fire jump, inside turn to the double lawn dart, quarter line canoe. I've got this. Wait, what's the jump off? "

 9:30am - "Warm up rings make me rethink my life. I just need to jump the vertical once. Please don't kill me. This is a safety hazard."

 10:00am -"Wow, they just totally butchered my name. Focus! Alright, where's the first jump? Littles, get off the bit. Whee! Soaring, flying, there's not a star in heaven that we can't reach! Okay stop High School Musical-ing. Did we just hit that pole? Don't look back, don't look back. Damn it I looked back. And clear round! Now the jump off, where I may or may not forget the course and everything I've ever learned."

 11:00am- "Our division is over, and I'm experiencing severe post-show depression. I will now relive this day through by at all the pictures several million times."

 12:00am -"I have the best pony in the world ❤ You can have all the carrots in the world"

 Thank you all for reading, and don't forget to hug your horses!
Horse show sensei master Annie and Little

No comments:

Post a Comment