Monday, September 22, 2014

First Lesson in a While

    Hey all!
Hope you're having a lovely horsey day.
Finally, Littles and I are back in full training for the show season! When school started up again, everything was so hectic. Littles was having some back issues, I was going through my "I'm too big" stage, we didn't have a saddle. Needless to say, we weren't training too hard at that point. Finally we are back on schedule!
  Today we had our first lesson in a whole month! We've been working pretty hard on our dressage recently, so my coach was really happy with where we were at. We worked a bit on adjustability, not rocketing after jumps, it was great. I'm very happy with how Littles is coming. She was a dream today, she really tried her heart out. She listened to my seat, stayed nice and calm in canter trot transitions, really I could not have asked her to be any better. She was a super pony!

  I also have a new saddle to ride in! I don't own it, but a friend of ours is lending us their beautiful antares saddle. It is like a cloud to ride in, fits Littles perfectly, honestly it is heavenly. Hopefully it will help Littles out with some of the back issues we've been having. She's been sore in her lumbar region for the past little bit. Usually the soreness goes away after she's been worked, which I find quite strange. Originally I thought it may be me being too large, but we've ruled that out. Hopefully with consistent work and daily stretching it will improve. She's definitely not lame because of it, and it is slowly getting better. We shall wait and see.
  It seems like our dreams of pony jumpers are actually coming true. With a winter of work, my coach thinks we can give it a shot. This is so overwhelming for me, it's only ever been a dream of mine to show at that level. It's going to take a lot of work and money and time, but getting to the royal would be such a great experience. It's going to be hard, considering I don't have the nicest stuff, or pony (no offense Littles,  you are priceless to me), and I'm not the richest, I'm ready to work my but of to get there,  and I have the best pony I could ask for. I know we can do it. And I'm determined to show everyone else that we can make it. I believe in us. And I want to show that it doesn't take tons of money to be successful,  it takes hard work, good riding, a strong bond, and partnership to get there. And I'm ready to commit all of myself to this. And I know Littles is too.

  So today I feel like the luckiest girl alive. I have the pony of my dreams, who I love so much. A lovely saddle to use. Regular lessons. And the possibility of having one of my biggest dreams come true. Thank you for reading,  and make sure you go hug your horses!!
 Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment