Wednesday, September 17, 2014

My Goals

  Hi everyone!
Show season has come to a close for many of us,  and even though I didn't do a full season this year it has got me thinking about my goals for Littles and I next year. So after chatting with my coach and thinking, here are my goals for next year.
   First of all, over the winter I would like to bring Littles up in her dressage training. Right now we are schooling very basic dressage, and beginning on working on turning stretching into some form of collection. By the end of this winter and before show season, I'd like to be schooling solid first level. It's going to be a lot of work, but I know we can do it. She is already improving so much and is so eager to learn, so I know we'll get there. Having higher dressage training will help us so much in our jumping as well as improving her body condition and longevity. Eventually, I'd like to have her schooling 2nd level. I believe every good jumping horse should be up to 2nd level, so I'd like to get Littles to that point.
  One of my other goals is to work on our tackless riding and liberty training.  I'd like to canter no tack or neck rope by the end of this winter. As well as just have some fun with Littles in general. Winter gets so boring and doing fun stuff like this will not only strengthen our bond, but also keep us from getting too bored.

     Now for my show season goals next year. I think I may tackle one of my biggest dreams next year, pony jumpers!!! I never thought this would be a possibility for me, considering this means I would be competing against some of the best riders and ponies in the province, and even the country! But my coach thinks we might give it a shot. This would be my first year on the A circuit, my first full season in jumpers, and Littles first season ever. The thought of it terrifies and excites me. The goal would be to qualify for the ROYAL WINTER FAIR!!! Yes you read that right, I've only dreamed of having this opportunity, and it just might become a reality. I don't know how well we will fare, considering my 13$ show coat cost less than some people's hair nets,  but this might just be the chance I've been waiting for. I'm on my dream, once in a lifetime pony. And I don't care if some people's saddles cost more than her, this sport isn't about money to me. And I hope I'll get the chance to prove that, and show that it doesn't take a 50 000+ dollar horse and a GPA helmet to succeed.  It's about partnership, and hard work, and proving those who doubt you wrong.

   These goals are huge to me. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit scared for the future. But this is mine and Littles chance at making it to the big leagues, and I believe in us. Thank you for reading!!!! Go hug your horse!
Annie

2 comments:

  1. I wish you luck!!! I'm doing a lot more tackless and bridleless work this winter as well now that my boy will be home and I'll have a safer place to practice. It's so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! And yeah it is so fun to ride tackless. Good luck to you too!

    ReplyDelete