Sunday, September 14, 2014

Not Giving up on You

  I am not giving up Littles. As much as I've tried to convince myself that what those who doubt us say is right, I can't give her up. This horse is my partner, she has stood beside me through everything. Both of us came from nothing, people doubted us. They still do.  We've gone through he'll and back. We've gone through some of the hardest moments of my life, but also some of the best. She has challenged me, frustrated me, and made me question my belonging in this sport. But she never gave up on me, and I'm sure as heck not giving up on her.
    It was time for me to stop listening to other people who think they know my situation,  and time to listen to my horse. This is not the end, this is only the beginning. This is not the kind of horse I will ride for a year then move on, this is my horse. I'm so sure of this. I don't know what the future will hold, but my heart tells me it will have Littles and I together. I truly believe with every bit of my being that this is meant to be.
   I can't and won't give up on the beautiful bay pony I fell in love with just a year ago.  The pony who nickers when she sees me. Who jumps her heart out and does whatever I ask. Who I know truly believes in me. And I'm not giving up on her.
   Thank you for reading, make sure you go hug your horse!!
Annie
 

1 comment: