Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Jumping 2'7 For The First Time!

    Hey guys!
       I just got back from an amazing lesson. It's the first real lesson we've had in over a month due to the horrible weather. So that is one thing making it amazing. You never realize how much you love jumping until you can't do it for extended periods of time. Also, we got to jump the highest we ever have before!!! This was in the form of a 2'7 red coop jump. My friend and I had been eyeing it since we first started on our hunter/jumper journey 9 months ago. I know to most of you 2'7 sounds like a ground pole, but to us it is huge. Of course our jumps weren't anywhere close to perfect, but the feeling of soaring through the air at a height we have never experienced before was perfect regardless.
    So the first time had the most buildup. We cantered to the fence and I could not take my eyes off of it. For a second I thought I was gonna bail, but the great Appy took over and got us over the fence. It felt huge, even though it is only a couple of inches more than what we usually jump. I, of course, failed miserably. But that's okay, the next time was tons better. I am so proud of the rider I have become, and even though there is still a lot to work on, I've achieved so much. I'm so grateful for the amazing horses and people that have helped me and taught me how not to look like a flopping fish over jumps. It takes a village to raise a kid. It also takes a village to raise a good rider. And I can't thank my own little village enough for the support and wealth of knowledge they have shared with me.
   Sorry for the short blog post, school and horses have been keeping me very busy! Thank you all so much for reading and I'll talk to you soon! To pacify you until the next blog post, here is a picture of Appy jumping an invisible jump. He swore it was there though. :P
 Have a fierce day and remember to hug your horses!
Annie

3 comments: