Sunday, February 2, 2014

Welcome to my Blog!

  Hi guys!
    So since this is the first post ever on my blog, I should give you a little introduction on who I am, and what I will be posting. First off, my name is Annie and I am 13 years old. I have ridden horses since I was 4, and fell in love and never looked back. I rode dressage for 8-9 years before making the huge switch to hunters/jumpers/eq. I have been riding hunter/jumper for 9 months now and have totally fallen in love. I have been blessed with the most amazing opportunities and the most amazing horses. One of the main horses I ride is Appy. He is a 15.3 Appaloosa (You guessed it) and he is honestly the weirdest horse I have ever met. Another one of the amazing horses I ride is Littles, a 14.2 sassy bay pony mare. She is awesome, fast, and so much fun to ride. The last two horses I mainly ride are Zack and Boo. Zack is a 14.3/15 hand Quarter horse reiner who I get to help train to jump. Boo is a 13.2 white pony gelding who I exercise too. The story on how I got the amazing opportunity to ride all these horses is a long one that I will tell you more about in another blog post. Long story short, never be afraid to ask. Never be afraid to take an opportunity. And never say no to free riding. Now I wanted to tell you guys my future goals, and what I'm doing now to pursue them. Right now, I will be showing novice hunter (2ft) on the provincial circuit, and doing as many equitation classes I can. My main goal is to do big equitation classes like the CET medal someday. I live in Canada, so we don't have the Maclay finals, but this is of the same calibre. I want to have the best position I can, be the best rider I can be. I want to be able to get on any horse and ride it well. It's hard, especially if you don't have 100 thousand dollar horses and boatloads of money, but passion can get you a long way. I'm going down a road that so many others have. So many have tried and failed. That's my biggest fear, being one of the failure stories. Basically, I'm using this blog to express my feelings. Kind of like my public diary. This may be a horrible idea, but who knows. Maybe there is another young rider out there who can relate. Maybe there are people who will enjoy hearing of my ups and downs in this crazy world of horses. If I can do nothing else, I hope I can make a couple people laugh through my crazy stories and experiences. Thank you so much for reading, and stay tuned for more!
     Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment