Monday, February 17, 2014

My Fears

  Hey guys!
         Sorry I haven't written in a couple of days, I have had no inspiration whatsoever. Only this morning after doing night check at the barn and spending some time with horses do I have an idea what to write about. As you guys have seen in my other blog posts, I ride a pony named Littles.
   Littles isn't her real name, her real name is Dallas, but that name does not suit her at all. Instead she goes by a bunch of different names, including Pony, Little, Littles, Apples, and Ponygirl. :P She is 14.1 and very petite. But she has so much sass and the heart of a horse twice her size. She is 12 years old, so you'd expect she would've mellowed out years ago and would be quite well broke. Well her story goes a bit differently. From what I have been told, she was pulled out of a field when she was older (7,8,9) and broke by my trainer. She is a lovely pony with good bloodlines and she has a really good work ethic. She was a great pony, then she was sold/taken back (I dont know if my trainer owned her or if she was just training her) by a kid to have as a project. I don't really know what happened to her at that barn, but she came back untrained.
    This upsets me so much, first they ruin her then they just send her back? There were times when she was almost sent to auction, but because my trainer is a lovely human being, she didn't end up going. There were a few different riders at my barn riding her and it was all good. She was being worked and slowly taught to be the pony she used to be. She really is a good pony, just very fast. One day I got to ride her in a lesson, it was amazing. I love harder horses and had so much fun riding her. After that, my coach said I could ride her a couple times a week!
  So I started riding her, and grooming her, and then as it always does, started loving her. We started off riding in full tack, not really sure what to make of each other, then slowly the walls came down.


\
    I love this pony. I trust her. And now I will tell you my fears. So the barn I ride at with the amazing trainer and amazing horses is for sale. My trainer also leases another barn and hour and a half away from us. There are only 7 horses and few clients at the barn I am at. And it is for sale. Why my trainer still drives out here and teaches us and runs our barn, I don't know. But I am so thankful she does. It can't go on forever though, and the barn is only (hopefully) going to stay open until end of show season. I also ride the lovely Appy and will show him this year. But my biggest fear is what will happen to Littles when the barn closes? Where will she go? Will I ever see this pony who I love so much after September? 
   I don't know the answer to these questions. I've promised her I would never let her go somewhere bad. The problem is no one will lease her and the people who would buy her are not the kind of people who could give her the life she deserves. And I know every kid says this, but no one could ever love her as much I do. I know that's probably wrong, but I need her. I don't know what the future has in store, but I can only hope it is my and her together.
    Sorry for the semi depressing blog post, and thank you all for reading. Have a fabulous day!
Annie


No comments:

Post a Comment